1. Use desert sand ink to stamp birds onto a 41/4 x 6-inch piece of watercolor paper.
2. Apply masking fluid on birds; let dry.
3. Create a wash of color behind birds using paintbrush, water and tea dye ink.
4. Stamp pine branches using Caribbean Sea ink and dab with a damp paintbrush. Use water to mix colors as desired.
5. Stamp berries using tea dye ink; color with red marker. 6. Use fingertips to remove masking fluid. 7. Color birds using markers and a paintbrush.
8. Once dry, run panel through a die-cutting machine if desired to help reduce warping. You can also spray a mist of water onto panel and then place it under a stack of books overnight.