From the Heart
Sending love-filled cards isn’t restricted to Valentine’s Day. These fun made-with-love cards will carry through the whole year.
Cardstock: X-Press It (Blending Card); Domtar Cougar Opaque (natural); Bazzill Basics (pinecone) Die Cuts With A View Watercolor Stack Stamps: Dare 2B Artzy (Turtle Couple); Stampers Anonymous (Crazy Talk) Ink pads: IMAGINE Crafts Memento (tuxedo black); Ranger Distress (abandoned coral) Copic® markers: E47, E50, E55, E57, R00, R01, R20, R22, YG17, YG25 Spellbinders® Oval Regalia die templates (#S4-492) Die-cutting machine Scor-Pal scoring board Adhesive foam dots Paper adhesive
1. Cut an 11 x 41/4-inch piece of natural cardstock. Score at 23/4 inches, 51/2 inches and 81/4 inches.
2. Fold sides in toward center to create a gatefold card; fold center score line; unfold.
3. Cut four 23/8 x 37/8-inch rectangles from green patterned paper; adhere to brown cardstock and trim small borders.
4. Adhere two rectangles to center two sections on inside of card. Adhere remaining two rectangles to front flaps.
5. Use black ink to stamp one girl turtle, one boy turtle and two hearts on natural cardstock. Color and cut out images. 6. Adhere images to brown cardstock; trim small borders. 7. Use foam dots to adhere turtles to front flaps as shown. Cut one heart in half;
adhere halves to front flaps as shown with foam dots. Adhere remaining heart to inside of left flap.
8. Die-cut second-largest oval twice, once from brown cardstock and once from natural cardstock. Cut off edge of natural die cut; adhere oval to brown die cut. 9. Use red ink to stamp sentiment on die cut.
10. Cut two 1/2 x 11/4-inch strips from brown cardstock. Score and fold in half at 5/8 inch to create tabs.
11. Adhere one tab inside card aligning folded edge with center score line (Photo 1). Adhere second tab to other side of center score line (Photo 2). 12. Apply adhesive to tops of tabs and adhere die cut.