Piles of Smiles
Cardstock: Marco’s Paper Kaleida-Paper (orange); X-Press It (Blending Card) Die Cuts With A View Floral Flair patterned papers Stamps: Art Impressions (Duck Stackers); Stampers Anonymous (Crazy Talk) IMAGINE Crafts Memento tuxedo black ink pad Copic® markers: RV02, Y13, Y15, Y18, YR04, YR07 Plastic shopping bag Spellbinders® A2 Bracket Borders One die templates (#S5-181) Die-cutting machine Scor-Pal scoring board Tape Adhesive foam dots Paper adhesive
1. Stamp two duck images onto white cardstock; color with markers. Cut out one complete image; cut top and bottom ducks only from second image. Set aside.
2. Cut a 77/16 x 51/2-inch piece of orange cardstock. With long side horizontal, score at 21/2 inches and 5 inches.
3. Cut a 13/4 x 1/2-inch notch centered at top and bottom of right panel to create slider base (Photo 1).
4. Cut a 13/8 x 10-inch strip from plastic shopping bag. Note: Plastic should be fairly strong but also flexible enough to allow movement.
5. Wrap plastic strip around notched section of slider base and tape overlapped ends together; trim as needed (Photo 2). Plastic should be able to turn easily, but not be too loose.
6. Cut two 21/4 x 41/2-inch pieces of orange cardstock. These will be the slider pieces.
7. Referring to photo, adhere top duck image to top edge of one slider piece; adhere bottom duck image to bottom edge of second slider piece.
8. Place slider piece with top duck facedown on top of slider base panel aligning top edges; tape to plastic strip along bottom edge (Photo 3).
9. Fold slider base panel to the left. Place remaining slider piece faceup on top of slider base panel aligning bottom edges; tape to plastic strip along top edge (Photo 4).
10. Apply a narrow strip of adhesive along right edge of slider base panel; fold over left panel to secure (Photo 5).
11. Cut a 31/2 x 51/2-inch piece of orange cardstock and a 31/2 x 51/2-inch piece of patterned paper. Die-cut long edges of both pieces. Adhere pieces together; adhere to card front.
12. Stamp sentiment on white cardstock; cut out. Adhere sentiment and duck image to card with foam dots.
2 1 3