Beauty Is Everywhere
Cardstock: black textured, white smooth 20 lb. white copy paper Art-C Script Alphabets 2 stamp and stencil set (#26884) Ranger Archival black ink pad Art-C acrylic paint: Metallic (magenta), Ultra Chalk (black, denim) White and black ribbons Fresh-cut leaves Art-C Dream Inspire die and stamp set (#24667) Die-cutting machine Gelli Arts 8 x 10-inch gel printing plate Rubber brayer 1/4-inch corner-rounder punch Adhesive foam squares 3M double-sided tape
1. To create a monoprint, apply a generous amount of desired color of paint to printing plate, using brayer to spread out paint until consistency is like the surface of an orange peel.
2. Position a leaf on plate and cover with a sheet of copy paper. Use brayer to smooth out paper. Pick up paper and set aside. The area around leaf should have no paint on the plate.
3. Remove leaf. Place a clean sheet of copy paper on plate and use brayer to smooth out paper. Remove paper. The leaf print should be transferred onto the paper. 4. Option: To create a monoprint with black background, first create a basic leaf monoprint as instructed in steps 1–3. Use this paper to repeat steps 1 and 2 with black paint.
5. Once print is dry, trim to 43/4 x 63/4 inches; round corners. If desired, wrap ribbon around panel and secure ends to back.
6. Die-cut label from white cardstock; stamp sentiment. Ink edges of label and paint as desired. Adhere to panel as shown with foam squares.
7. Form a 5 x 7-inch card from black or white cardstock. Adhere panel to card. •