The Most Beautiful Day
1. Form a 41/2 x 53/4-inch card from watercolor paper. Set aside.
2. Using red ink, stamp a lined flower image near bottom center of a piece of watercolor paper.
3. Stamp flower image onto a sticky note and cut out to create a mask. Attach mask on top of lined flower image; stamp a second lined flower to lower left as shown.
4. Create a second flower mask; attach to second flower. Stamp leaves as shown with green ink.
5. Create masks for both sets of leaves; attach masks to leaves.
6. Apply ink directly to flowering branch stamp with markers. Color stems and leaves with light green and flowers with light red.
7. Lightly spritz colored stamp with water and stamp around leaves as shown.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 as necessary to create desired final image. Remove masks.
9. Using a wet paintbrush, pull color from stamped lines of each flowering branch.
10. If desired, add depth and detail with dark green and dark red marker ink used directly from a palette.
11. Color stamped leaves with light green, dark green and brown watercolor pencils. 12. Using a wet paintbrush, blend and paint each leaf. 13. Dip a yellow watercolor pencil into water and apply directly to highlight areas on each leaf. 14. Using Gelatos, color directly onto appropriate layer stamp for flower image. 15. Spritz each layer and stamp over center flower image. Let dry completely. 16. Mask layered flower and repeat steps 14 and 15 on lower flower image. Let dry completely. 17. Using watercolor paints, paint background with a blue gradient wash. 18. Trim watercolor paper to 4 x 51/4 inches; adhere to red cardstock and trim a small border. 19. Stamp sentiment in upper right corner with black ink. Doodle lines with black pen. 20. Adhere to card with foam tape. •
Bazzill Basics kisses cardstock Canson watercolor paper Altenew Beautiful Day stamp set IMAGINE Crafts Memento ink pads: rhubarb stalk, bamboo leaves, tuxedo black Faber-Castell Aquarelle watercolor pencils: 104, 162, 166, 187 Winsor & Newton watercolor pan set Tombow Dual Brush markers: 177, 195, 847, 885 Faber-Castell Gelatos: bubble gum, mango, cherry Copic® black fine-tip pen Small paintbrushes Sticky notes Paint palette Spray bottle with water X-Press It adhesive foam tape Liquid glue