Open Your Heart
Project note: When making handmade paper, refer to manufacturer’s
1. Tear a sheet of pink cardstock into 1-inch pieces; use blender to mix paper pieces with 2 cups of water to create pulp. Continue adding water as needed to create a paper slurry. Transfer slurry into squeeze bottle.
2. Place heart template in pour mold and squeeze paper slurry into template. Remove template and follow manufacturer’s instructions for removing excess water from pulp and drying paper. 3. Once paper is dry, fold heart in half to form card. 4. Tear a sheet of yellow cardstock into 1-inch pieces; use blender to mix
paper pieces with 2 cups of water to create paper pulp. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to create a sheet of handmade paper with pulp.
5. Use colored pencil to outline edge of paper doily and center heart; use fingertip to blend color. Adhere doily to card.
6. Stamp flower onto yellow handmade paper; fussy-cut flower and adhere to card.
7. Stamp sentiment onto white cardstock; cut out as shown. Outline with black pen. Adhere to card. Apply ink to bottom portion of stamp and stamp sentiment inside card.
Cardstock: pink, yellow, white Unity Stamp Co. stamp sets: A Number of Things, Journal Doodles With A Heart IMAGINE Crafts StazOn black ink pad Sakura Pigma Micron 03 black pen Stabilo brown colored pencil 4-inch white heart paper doily Arnold Grummer’s Pour Handmold papermaking kit Arnold Grummer’s Folding Heart Card Medium Template (#350) Arnold Grummer’s squeeze bottle Blender not intended for food use Paper adhesive