Papertrey Ink cardstock: blueberry sky, hibiscus burst Legion Paper Stonehenge drawing paper Sticky note My Favorite Things Cool Cat clear stamp set Ink pads: Ranger Archival (jet black); Papertrey Ink (blueberry sky) Faber-Castell Polychromos colored pencils Michaels Recollections pink self-adhesive heart gem Lil’ Inker Designs Stitched Mats: Rectangles dies Die-cutting machine Koh-I-Noor electric eraser Tombow adhesive runner
1. Form a 41/4 x 51/2-inch card from blue cardstock. Randomly stamp paw prints on card front with blue ink.
2. Die-cut a 3 x 41/4-inch panel from drawing paper and a 35/8 x 47/8-inch panel from pink cardstock; layer and adhere panels to card. 3. Use black ink to stamp cat and sentiment as shown.
4. Stamp cat on sticky note and fussy-cut to form mask. Cover stamped cat with mask and stamp cushion with black ink. 5. Remove mask and color cat with pencils, creating depth by graduating from darkest color
at outer edges to lightest color in center. Layer colors, blending gently with minimal pressure.
6. Loosely apply stripes to cat’s tail, legs and body with darkest pencil.
7. Erase muzzle and breast with electric eraser.
8. Color cushion, crosshatch with contrasting color to achieve plaid effect, and add shadow beneath cushion with linear and circular strokes.
9. Adhere heart gem. •