Creative Expressions cardstock: coconut white, deep blue Michaels watercolor paper Cardboard or foam board Marianne Design Tiny’s Surf border stamp Imagine Memento Luxe ink pads: love letter, wedding dress, tuxedo black Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer aurora crystal sparkle embossing powder Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer iridescent greens and purples watercolor palette Black fine-tip marker Michaels twine Blue hemp jewelry cord Dies: Frantic Stamper (Sail Boat #FRA9514); Marianne Design Creatables (Seaside #LR0232); Sue Wilson Dies (Double Pierced Rectangle #CED5512) Die-cutting machine Watercolor brush Embossing heat tool Joy! Crafts 1.5mm adhesive foam pads Low-tack tape Double-sided tape Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer cleardrying liquid glue
*Materials from Ecstasy Crafts unless otherwise noted.
1. Form a 5 x 7-inch card from blue cardstock.
2. On a sheet of white cardstock, nest 31/2 x 51/2inch rectangle die inside 43/4 x 63/4-inch rectangle die and secure with low-tack tape; die-cut to create a frame. 3. Die-cut a 43/4 x 63/4-inch rectangle from watercolor paper. 4. Die-cut two sailboats from white cardstock.
5. Die-cut and emboss two anchors from blue cardstock.
6. Place watercolor panel from step 3 onto a piece of cardboard or foam board and secure with low-tack tape around entire edge. This will hold paper flat as color is applied and as it dries. 7. Use a pencil to lightly draw a line across watercolor panel where water will meet sky. Brush clear water across “water” portion of panel. Paint area with two blue paint colors swirling paints to simulate water. Set aside to dry.
8. Once dry, repeat step 7 to paint “sky” portion of panel, painting it a very light blue; add a few drops of color to sky to create a realistic look. Let dry. 9. Remove tape and trim panel slightly so edges will not show under frame once it is attached to card. 10. Use white ink to stamp surf design onto “water” portion repeatedly; sprinkle on embossing powder and heat-set. 11. Apply red ink to cabin of one die-cut sailboat; let dry. Lightly ink edges black. 12. Cut off sail portions only of second die-cut sailboat and use foam pads to adhere sails on top of first sailboat. Lightly ink edges of sails black. 13. Use double-sided tape to adhere watercolored panel to card. 14. Use foam pads to adhere white frame to card.
15. Layer and glue both die-cut anchors together; tie a piece of blue cord onto anchor; trim cord to approximately 1 inch. Use foam pads to adhere anchor to card as shown. 16. Use foam pads to adhere sailboat to card as shown, securing end of anchor cord in place. 17. Cut four 2-inch lengths of twine; knot center of each and trim ends evenly. Adhere to corners of card as shown. 18. Referring to photo, use black marker to draw seagulls on card.