Brighten My Day
1. Form a 41/4 x 51/2-inch card from white cardstock. Set aside.
2. Die-cut a 41/4 x 51/2-inch Stitched Rectangle from watercolor paper.
3. Position watercolor panel and Full Bloom stamp in MISTI tool. Beginning with lightest color of marker, color leaves and stamp onto panel.
4. Leaving stamp in MISTI tool, color just the tips of the leaves with a different color and stamp. Continue in this same manner coloring and stamping all of the different parts of the image onto panel as desired.
5. Touch tip of waterbrush to edges of leaves on panel to allow ink to bleed a bit.
6. Use waterbrush to add gold ink accents to watercolor panel as desired.
7. Stamp sentiment onto panel as shown with purple ink.
8. Place 2-inch and 23/4-inch Stitched Circle dies on panel over sentiment with smaller circle nesting inside larger one; secure with low-tack tape. Run through die-cutting machine.
9. Wrap purple string around right edge of panel as shown and tie a bow; trim ends.
10. Cut a 31/4 x 31/4-inch piece of magenta cardstock and adhere to back of panel covering opening. Adhere panel to card front.
11. Referring to photo, adhere die-cut pieces to card using foam tape to adhere circle frame. •
Michaels cardstock: white, magenta Canson watercolor paper
Penny Black stamps: Full Bloom, Special Thoughts
Imagine ink pads: VersaFine (imperial purple), Delicata (golden glitz)
Kuretake ZIG Clean Color Real Brush markers: carmine red (022), deep green (044), yellow (052), orange (070), violet (080)
May Arts grape burlap string Lil’ Inker Designs Stitched Mats dies: Rectangles, Circles
My Sweet Petunia MISTI stamp-positioning tool
Adhesive foam tape
Ranger Multi Medium Matte adhesive