Nuts About You!
A CARD & MORE
Cardstock: Marco’s Paper Kaleida-Paper (dark red, dark orange, light brown); X-Press It (Blending Card)
Echo Park Paper Co. Fall Is in the Air Fall Festival patterned paper
Art Impressions Mini Squirrel Spinner stamp and die set (#4735)
Ink pads: Imagine Memento (tuxedo black); Ranger Distress (walnut stain, brushed corduroy)
Copic® markers: E13, E15, E17, E19
Clear thread or fishing line
Spellbinders® Renaissance Jubilee Label 56 die templates (#S4-646)
Darice Wood Grain Background embossing folder (#1217-62)
Scor-Pal scoring board
Adhesive foam dots
Project note: Use black ink to stamp all images. When creating the inside section, refer to photo on page 62 as a guide.
1. Form a 41/4 x 5-inch card from dark red cardstock.
2. Cut a 4 x 43/4-inch piece of patterned paper. Wrap twine around paper and tie a knot on right side; trim ends. Adhere to card front.
3. Working directly from ink pad, apply light brown ink randomly on inside of embossing folder. Emboss a piece of light brown cardstock. Swipe dark brown ink over embossed piece. Die-cut a 23/4 x 35/8-inch label from embossed cardstock.
4. Die-cut a 23/4 x 35/8-inch label from dark orange cardstock and a 2 x 21/2-inch label from white cardstock.
5. Stamp sentiment on white label with light brown ink.
6. Trim woodgrain label so it is slightly smaller than dark orange label and adhere together. Adhere to card sliding it underneath twine as shown. Use foam dots to adhere white label to card.
7. Stamp two acorns on white cardstock; color with markers. Die-cut. Adhere to card with foam dots.
8. For inside, cut an 81/2 x 43/4-inch piece of light brown cardstock. With long side horizontal, score at 21/8 inches, 41/4 inches and 63/8 inches. 9. Fold center score line as a mountain fold; fold outer score lines as valley folds. Unfold panel.
10. In the same manner as in step 3, ink and emboss two 17/8 x 41/2-inch pieces of light brown cardstock; adhere to center sections of light brown panel.
11. Place 23/4 x 35/8-inch label die centered on top of light brown panel and secure with low-tack tape. Center points of die should be positioned along center fold of panel. Run through diecutting machine to create opening.
12. Stamp front and back of squirrel on white cardstock; color and die-cut pieces. Adhere front and back pieces together sandwiching end of a 2-inch piece of clear thread between pieces. Tape other end of thread to back of light brown panel along top edge positioning squirrel inside die-cut opening.
13. Cut two 15/8 x 41/4-inch pieces of patterned paper. Adhere both pieces to dark red cardstock; trim small borders. Adhere to end sections of light brown panel. 14. Open card and adhere light brown panel inside, applying adhesive to end sections only. Note: Do not adhere center sections. Inside of card will not lay completely flat when opened. 15. Stamp an acorn on white cardstock; die-cut and adhere to inside of card as shown.
Project note: Refer to Figure 1 on page 62 throughout. 1. Cut an 81/2 x 6-inch piece of dark red cardstock.
2. With short side horizontal, score at 1 inch and 5 inches (Photo 1).
3. Rotate piece so long side is horizontal and score at 4 inches and 8 inches (Photo 2). 4. Score at 2 inches and 6 inches, stopping at 1-inch horizontal score line (Photo 3). 5. Score diagonal lines to create two triangle shapes as shown in Figure 1 (Photo 4).
6. Cut out top and bottom corner rectangles on 1/2-inch end. Trim sides of remaining 1/2-inch flap at an angle (Photo 5).
7. Cut along 2-inch, 4-inch and 6-inch score lines stopping at horizontal score line (Photo 6). These will become the bottom flaps of the box. 8. Crease along each score line and unfold.
9. Cut two 33/4 x 33/4-inch squares from patterned paper.
10. Use a pencil to make a mark along bottom edge of one square 17/8 inches from left corner. Using ruler and pencil, align mark with upper left corner of square and draw a diagonal line; repeat with upper right corner. Cut along diagonal
to create three triangles. Repeat for second square. 11. Referring to photo, adhere triangles to appropriate sections of panel. 12. Cut two 33/4 x 3/4-inch strips of patterned paper; adhere to top sections of panel.
13. Adhere 1/2-inch flap to opposite end to form box (Photo 7). Fold in bottom flaps and adhere (Photo 8).
14. Wrap a 12-inch length of twine around top flap and tie a knot; trim ends. Stamp two acorns on white cardstock; die-cut and adhere to box as shown with foam dots. •
Nuts About You! Figure 1 Score on dashed lines. Cut on solid lines.