Cardstock: kraft, white, olive green, bright green, golden yellow, dark brown
Graphic 45 sunflower patterned paper
Stamps: Riley and Company (Farmers Riley & Sophie, Tractor Riley); My Favorite Things (Mirror Image)
Imagine Memento tuxedo black ink pad
Desired Copic® markers
51/2 inches brown fall-themed ribbon
Side-Step Card Base
Katy Sue Designs Flower Soft brown colored sprinkles (optional)
Our Daily Bread Designs Grass Border die (#CSBD91)
Die-cutting machine Paper trimmer or craft knife with cutting mat and ruler
Scor-Pal double-sided tape
3M adhesive foam tape
Beacon Adhesives instant-dry paper glue
1. Cut a 51/2 x 81/2-inch piece of kraft cardstock. Beginning 21/8 inches below top edge and 2 inches from long edge, use paper trimmer or craft knife to cut a 51/4-inch-long slit into panel (Photo 1).
2. With long side horizontal, score panel at 41/4 inches (Photo 2).
3. Position piece on scoring board so slit is at bottom. Beginning from top edge and stopping at slit, score as follows: 21/8 inches, 53/8 inches, 61/2 inches and 71/2 inches (Photo 3).
4. Beginning with a mountain fold, accordion-fold step portion of card (Photo 4).
5. Mountain fold 41/4-inch score line on left side of card for top fold.
1. Cut a 15/8 x 33/4-inch piece of patterned paper; adhere to olive green cardstock with paper glue and trim a narrow border. Adhere to dark brown cardstock; trim a narrow border. Adhere to left front panel of card.
2. Die-cut seven grass border pieces from olive green, bright green and golden yellow cardstock. Set aside.
3. Stamp Farmers Riley & Sophie and Tractor Riley images onto white cardstock.
4. Reverse-stamp Tractor Riley image onto white cardstock. To reverse stamp, apply a good amount of ink to stamp and stamp image onto Mirror Image stamp. Stamp Mirror Image stamp onto cardstock. The Riley image will be reversed.
5. Color all images with markers; fussy-cut. 6. Use foam tape to adhere one layer of die-cut grass to front step of card. Note: Cut off 1/2-inch portion from end of another matching grass border to ensure grass goes along entire length of card. In the same manner, adhere second layer of grass to front step attaching it slightly lower than first layer. 7. Repeat to attach two layers of grass to second step and three layers of grass to third step. Trim ends of grass as needed. 8. Use double-sided tape to adhere ribbon to bottom edge of card front.
9. Fussy-cut three sunflowers from patterned paper. Tuck sunflowers and Tractor Riley images into grass layers as shown using double-sided tape to secure. 10. Use foam tape to adhere Farmers Riley & Sophie to card as shown. 11. If desired, apply small amounts of paper glue to centers of sunflowers and add colored sprinkles. Let dry. •