Parchment Craft Tutorial
Design by Cheryl Hurt tgam for The Paper Hol low
Domtar cardstock: white, olive green, brown, cranberry Claritystamp Groovi parchment paper Waxed paper 4 Darice brass brads Claritystamp Groovi parchment embossing plates: Jayne’s Dahlias Name Plate (#GRO-FL-40390-03), Mountains & Hills (#GROLA-40007-03) Claritystamp Groovi embossing tools: 0.8mm, 2mm Claritystamp Groovi mat Claritystamp Groovi Plate Mate (optional) Punches: Darice (1/16-inch hole); Aidox (corner rounder) ShurTech low-tack tape 3M adhesive runner
1. Form a 5 x 7-inch card from white cardstock. Cut a 5 x 7-inch piece of olive green cardstock; adhere to card front.
2. Cut a 41/2 x 61/2-inch piece of brown cardstock; punch upper left and lower right corners with corner rounder. Adhere to card.
3. Cut a 4 x 6-inch piece of cranberry cardstock; round upper right and lower left corners. Set aside.
4. Place dahlias plate on work surface so grooves are facing up. The word Groovi on top of plate will read correctly. Place on a dark surface so white lines in grooves are visible (Photo 1). Note: If desired, use Plate Mate to hold embossing plate in place. 5. Cut a 33/4 x 53/4-inch piece of parchment. Secure to plate with low-tack tape. 6. Rub parchment with waxed paper. This will help embossing tool glide smoothly. 7. Use 0.8mm stylus to trace all lines to complete flower (Photo 2). Remove parchment from plate.
8. Attach parchment to Mountains & Hills Plate,
positioning sun as desired. Note: Since you are working from the back side of your design, the sun will be on the opposite side when paper is turned over. Trace sun (Photo 3).
9. Move parchment so that one of the mountains is in the background of the flower. Trace line, stopping at each side of stem so that it looks like flower is in front of mountain line (Photo 4). 10. Remove parchment from plate; place on soft mat with working side still up. 11. Using 2mm stylus, gently rub inside of sun, turning parchment white (Photo 5).
12. On each petal and leaf, gently flick stylus from inside of flower out, creating “whitework” throughout flower. Flick little V’s into grass portion of scene freehand (Photo 6).
13. Turn parchment over and lay on top of cranberry layer. Punch a 1/16-inch hole through each corner and insert brads. Attach layer to card base with adhesive runner. •