Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (plum pudding Dotted Swiss, black, parakeet); Michaels Recollections (white) Assorted patterned papers Michaels Craft Smart Happy Halloween stamp Clearsnap Top Boss clear embossing ink pad Stampendous! silver embossing powder Orange epoxy stickers, glitter dots or rhinestones Halloween stickers Leftover pieces from silver peel-off stickers Michaels Recollections orange dot washi tape Metal foil tape Fiberglass drywall tape Sharpie black marker WonderFil Spotlite steel metallic thread Spellbinders® Grommet Tags die templates (#S4-322) Taylored Expressions Tangled Webs embossing folder (#TEEF07) Die-cutting machine Embossing heat tool Scrap paper (optional) Tape Scor-Pal 1/8-inch double-sided tape 3M adhesive foam tape
1. Form a 51/2 x 41/4-inch card from purple cardstock. Adhere a 51/2 x 1-inch strip of green cardstock to card front 1/4 inch from bottom edge.
2. Attach a 6-inch length of metal tape to white cardstock. Place in embossing folder and emboss. Trim embossed tape to 51/2 x 3/4 inches. Layer onto green cardstock on card front. 3. Stamp sentiment onto smooth side of purple cardstock; sprinkle embossing powder over words and heat-set.
4. Die-cut sentiment with Grommet Tag template. Note: To help ensure proper spacing, first die-cut a tag shape from scrap paper. Center die-cut opening around sentiment, then place die template into open space and secure with washi tape. 5. Apply epoxy stickers, glitter dots or rhinestones to ends of tag. Adhere to card as shown with foam tape.
6. Cut three 15/8-inch squares from black cardstock and three 13/4-inch squares of green cardstock; adhere black squares to green squares. Adhere to card as shown. 7. Using remaining serendipity panel from previous project, cut three 11/2-inch squares. Note: If you did not create previousproject, follow step 7 of Happy Halloween card on page 58 to create serendipity panel.
8. Working from spool of thread, secure end to back of serendipity square and wrap randomly. Secure thread to back with tape. Wrap thread around remaining two squares. Adhere a 13/8-inch square of white cardstock to back of each. Adhere serendipity squares to card front. 9. Attach a Halloween sticker to center of each square. •