VBS Listings 2016
Local churches are invited to submit information about summer events, including vacation bible school, for the upcoming season. Summer events, like flea markets and concerts, will continue to run in the What’s Happening calendar. The Whig will run information about VBS in a separate calendar throughout the summer. Camps are also encouraged to submit photos of their events to our Pictures of Praise section.
Submit your VBS events and photos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit the event title, time, address and the cost per child. Let us know if you have special activities planned and what ages are accepted. Also, please include you phone number so we can contact you with any questions.
You can also send photos and information by mail to: VBS Listings, c/o Jessica Iannetta, 601 N. Bridge St., Elkton, MD 21921. If you need your information returned, please include a self-addressed envelope. We will not return any photos or information sent in without a SASE.
Questions? Call 410-3983311.
JULY • July 10 to 14, 5:30 to 8 p.m. at Elkton United Methodist Church. The theme this year is Barnyard Roundup. Dinner will be provided for all participants and the cost is $5 per child or $10 per family. Parents and grandparents may sign-up via our church website elktonumc.org or by contacting the church at 410398-0933.
• July 11 to 14, 5:30 to 8 p.m. at West Nottingham Presbyterian Church. For ages 4 through fifth grade. Kids will learn the rock-solid foundation of God’s love, a love that takes us through life’s dark times through Cave Quest. Dinner will be served to the children each night at 5:30 p.m. Registration has begun or children can register at 5:30 p.m. on July 11. VBS is free. Visit our website at www.westnottinghampc.com to register, call the church office at 410-658-6366 ext. 21, send an email to wnpc1195@ yahoo.com, or send us a message on Facebook.
• July 18 to 22, 6 to 8:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church of North East. For grades K to sixth. Register at the church or online at www.fbcne.org. Call 410-287-6247 or email email@example.com to request forms.
• July 24 to 28, 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Oxford United Methodist Church, 18 Addison St. (corner of Addison and Market streets), Oxford, Pa. At Cave Quest, kids participate in memorable Biblelearning activities, sing cool Bible songs, play “spelunker” games, have treats from the Cavern Cafe, experience Bible quests, and test out fun gizmos at the imagination station. Each day concludes with a closing that gets everyone involved in what they learned. Family members and friends are encouraged to join in at 8:10 p.m. This year’s offering will go toward school supplies both locally and globally. Pre-registration is encouraged. Parents may register their children at www.oxford1851.org or by calling 610-932-9698.
• July 31 to Aug. 5, 6 to 8:30 p.m. at Bay Church in North East. At Cave Quest, kids explore what it means to follow Jesus through dark times. Each day concludes with a closing that gets everyone involved in what they learned. Family members and friends are encouraged to join in at 8:15 p.m. For more information or to schedule transportation, call 410-287-7000.
AUGUST • Aug. 1 to 5, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Fair Hill Church, 2420 Singerly Road, Elkton. This year’s theme is The King is Coming, a medieval themed VBS. This VBS is free for ages 5 to 12 and it will include an exciting time of singing, skits, lessons, games, crafts, and much more. Visit www. FairHill.Church/kids to register for the event.
• Aug. 1 to 4, 6 to 8:30 p.m. at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 175 St. Mark’s Church Road, Perryville. This year’s theme is “Egypt — Joseph’s Journey from Prison to Palace.” The VBS is free for ages 5 to 12, though a school supply donation to benefit Bainbridge Elementary School is welcome. Dinner is provided. Call Lisa at 410-392-3358 to register.
• Aug. 7 to 11, 5:30 to 8:15 p.m. at Elkton Presbyterian Church, 209 E. Main Street, Elkton. “Cave Quest.” Free for children 4 years old to beginning fifth grade. Please register by July 15. Contact the church office at 410-3984636 or visit the website www.elkpreschurch.com to download registration/medical release forms.
• Aug. 8 to 12, 6 to 8 p.m. at Zion UMC Cecilton. Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World. Each day’s fun begins at 5:30 p.m. with a family dinner. For pre-K through fifth grade. For more information, call 410-275-8511 or 443-3506516. Register online at vbs. ceciltonparish.org.
Piper Barrett and Lilly Martin were two of the 73 kids that took part in Immaculate Conception Church’s VBS in June. This year’s VBS theme was “Cave Quest: Following Jesus, the Light of the World.”