Warriors break into the Top 5
The top four teams remain the same in this week’s edition of the UCBAC Football Power Poll. Havre de Grace enters the Top 5 and Bohemia Manor also moves up after both teams earned wins to begin the season (record and last week’s rankings in parentheses).
1. Aberdeen (0-1, 1) – A five-point loss to Class 4A school Perry Hall won’t hurt the Eagles in this poll. They’ll hold on to the top spot for a second-straight week.
2. Elkton (1-0, 2) – A rematch of last year’s 2A East semifinals awaits the Golden Elks on Friday when they travel to face Kent Island.
3. Bel Air (1-0, 3) – For a second-straight season the Bobcats begin the season with a blowout win over Dulaney.
4. Fallston (1-0, 4) – After coasting to a lopsided season-opening victory over Joppatowne, the Cougars must turn around and prepare for a tough Boys Latin team on the road.
5. Havre de Grace (1-0, 6) – The Warriors leap into the Top 5 following a blowout road victory over North East.
6. C.M. Wright (0-1, 5) – The Mustangs suffered a shutout in their season opener for the first time since 2009.
7. Edgewood (1-0, 9) — A big road win over Perryville will result in the Rams moving up two spots.
8. North Harford (0-1, 7) – The Hawks will look for their first win when they host Patterson Mill on Friday.
9. Rising Sun (0-1, 8) — A 46-7 loss to Southern wasn’t how the Tigers expected to begin the season following a six-win campaign a year ago.
10. Harford Tech (1-0, 10) — The Cobras will look to avenge last season’s loss to Tower Hill (Del.) in Week 2.
11. Bo Manor (1-0, 12) — Joe Graf began his debut season as head coach of the Eagles with an impressive win over Stephen Decatur.
12. Perryville (0-1, 11) — With their next game not until Saturday, the Panthers will have extra time to work on went wrong in a onesided loss to Edgewood.
13. Patterson Mill (0-1, 13) – The Huskies’ loss to Winters Mill marked their third straight opening day defeat.
14. Joppatowne (0-1, 14) – The schedule doesn’t get any easier this week for the Mariners, who must follow up a loss to No. 4 Fallston with a road date against No. 5 Havre de Grace.
15. North East (0-1, 15) – Chris Schleich must wait at least another week for his first career victory as head coach of the Indians following a difficult loss to Havre de Grace to begin the year.
Follow the 2016 UCBAC Football season on Twitter: @UCBACFootball