Hawks take flight, Cougars drop to 7
North Harford wins for a fourth-straight week and enters the Top 5 in this week’s edition of the UCBAC Football Power Poll. Fallston drops from the elite (record and last week’s rankings in parentheses).
1. Bel Air (5-0, 1) — The Bobcats handled their final non-conference game, meaning that if they’re going to lose this season, it will have to come against a Chesapeake Division opponent.
2. Aberdeen (3-2, 2) — An impressive win over fourth-ranked Havre de Grace will keep the Eagles near the top of this power poll.
3. Elkton (4-1, 3) — Joe Scuderi’s interception in the red zone during the final minute preserved the Golden Elks’ 27-20 win over visiting Rising Sun on Friday.
4. North Harford (4-1, 8) — A fourth-straight win, this time over Edgewood, has the Hawks soaring into the Top 5 for the first time this year.
5. Havre de Grace (4-1, 4) — The Warriors’ lopsided loss to No. 2 Aberdeen was the team’s first defeat of the season.
6. C.M. Wright (3-2, 7) — The Mustangs outlasted Fallston and move up a spot in the poll as a result.
7. Fallston (2-3, 5) — Quite the tumble for the Cougars, who fall out of the Top 5 following their loss to unranked C.M. Wright.
8. Edgewood (3-2, 6) — After opening with three wins against non-division foes, the Rams have dropped consecutive games to Chesapeake Division opponents.
9. Rising Sun (1-4, 9) — Joe Jones was a beast on Friday for the Tigers, returning a pair of fumbles for TDs and producing a huge kick return across midfield to set up a potential game-tying score.
10. Perryville (2-3, 10) — Two-straight Susquehanna Division road games, two-straight wins for the Panthers, who are preparing to host region rival Bo Manor next weekend.
11. Bo Manor (3-2, 12) — Nice bounce-back win for the Eagles, whose defense and run game produced a victory over Harford Tech.
12. Harford Tech (2-3, 11) — The Cobras have dropped consecutive games to Cecil County opponents.
13. Joppatowne (1-4, 14) — Leading 6-0 at halftime, the Mariners pulled away to earn a road win over North East on Friday.
14. Patterson Mill (1-4, 13) — The Huskies had no answer for Perryville fullback Zac Zacerous, who gashed the Harford County team for four rushing touchdowns.
15. North East (0-5, 15) — The Indians had a lead for a second-straight week but were unable to find a way to win against Joppatowne.
Follow the 2016 UCBAC Football season on Twitter: @UCBACFootball
Senior linebacker Joe Scuderi, left, celebrates following his game-sealing interception during the final minute of Elkton’s 27-20 win over visiting Rising Sun in Susquehanna Division football action on Friday.