Thumbs down

Cecil Whig - - OPINION -

To the loss of two county res­i­dents in a rag­ing house fire near Elk­ton on Mon­day night. As of Thurs­day night, the in­ves­ti­ga­tion con­tin­ued to de­ter­mine where the fire started and what caused it, fire of­fi­cials re­ported. When fire­fight­ers ar­rived at the scene Mon­day, the home in the 100 block of Deaver Road, near Mar­ley Road, was al­ready en­gulfed in flames. It’s the se­cond fa­tal fire of the year, the first be­ing when an Elk­ton-area man died in a blaze on Ap­ple­ton Road in Jan­uary. Trou­bling so far in the in­ves­ti­ga­tion, how­ever, is that no trace of smoke de­tec­tors have re­port­edly been found at the scene so far. It’s a grim re­minder, es­pe­cially as win­ter ap­proaches and heat­ing sources move in­doors, to make sure that your home is equipped with work­ing smoke de­tec­tors, which can help in an emer­gency sit­u­a­tion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.