Warriors move into No. 2 spot
Havre de Grace moves into the No. 2 spot recently vacated by nowranked fifth Bel Air in this week’s edition of the UCBAC Football Power Poll. Both teams will meet Friday in a season- finale showdown for the Chesapeake Division crown ( record and last week’s rankings in parentheses).
1. Elkton ( 8- 1, 1) — The Golden Elks became the first team since Perryville from 2011- 12 to capture back- to- back Susquehanna Division titles.
2. Havre de Grace (7-1, 3) — A win next week will give the Warriors more regular- season on- field victories than last year, when they advanced to the 1A State title game.
3. Aberdeen ( 5- 4, 5) — The Eagles haven’t won back- to- back games since mid-September when they beat Havre de Grace and Edgewood.
4. Edgewood ( 5- 4, 7) — A win on Friday against C. M. Wright will give the Rams, who just beat Bel Air, three- straight victories to close out the season.
5. Bel Air (7-2, 2) — A tough test against Havre de Grace awaits the Bobcats in the final weekend of the season as they attempt to avoid losses in three of their final four games.
6. North Harford ( 6- 3, 6) — The Hawks have a chance to end the year in the Top 5 if they can pull out a victory against No. 3 Aberdeen in the season’s finale.
7. C.M. Wright ( 4- 5, 4) — A week was all the Mustangs spent among the elite. After beating Aberdeen to vault into the Top 5, they drop back out following a loss to unranked North Harford.
8. Bo Manor ( 6- 3, 9) — Ho-hum, another postseason appearance for the Eagles, who make it to the dance for a fifth- straight year following Friday’s win over North East.
9. Fallston ( 3- 6, 8) — The Cougars have lost five of six.
10. Perr yville ( 4- 5, 10) — The Panthers have a playoff berth within their sights but will need to beat rival Rising Sun in the season finale to punch their ticket to the dance.
11. Harford Tech ( 54, 11) — A victory over Patterson Mill in Week 10 will deliver the Cobras a winning season.
12. Joppatowne ( 3- 6, 12) — Reeling from their loss to Perryville, the Mariners will play Bo Manor to end the year as they attempt to avoid losing back- to- back games against a pair of 1A East Region playoff contenders.
13. Patterson Mill (2-7, 13) — The Huskies’ only two wins this season came against Cecil County programs (North East and Rising Sun).
14. Rising Sun ( 2- 7, 14) — A lost season could end on a high note if the Tigers can beat county rival Perryville in the season finale and keep it out of the playoffs.
15. North East (0-9, 15) — While a second-straight winless season is likely (they play 8-1 Elkton in the season finale), the Indians have routinely showcased this fall that their program is steadily moving in the right direction.
Follow the 2016 UCBAC Football season on Twitter: