Blaze de­stroys Ear­leville shed over week­end

Cecil Whig - - FRONT PAGE - By CARL HAMIL­TON

ca­hamil­ton@ce­cil­whig.com

— An in­ves­ti­ga­tion con­tin­ued Mon­day morn­ing af­ter a blaze de­stroyed a shed in Ear­levile over the week­end, ac­cord­ing to the Mary­land State Fire Mar­shal’s Of­fice.

A neigh­bor called 911 about 7 p.m. Satur­day af­ter dis­cov­er­ing the burn­ing out­build­ing in the 100 block of Pond Neck Road, fire of­fi­cials said. Ap­prox­i­mately 30 fire­fight­ers with Ce­cil­ton Vol­un­teer Fire Co. bat­tled the blaze for about 20 min­utes be­fore bring­ing it un­der con­trol,

EAR­LEVILLE

fire of­fi­cials added.

The blaze caused an es­ti­mated $2,500 in dam­age to the 12-by-12-foot wooden shed and it de­stroyed ap­prox­i­mately $2,500 in prop­erty in­side the struc­ture, fire of­fi­cials re­ported.

In­ves­ti­ga­tors, who iden­ti­fied Ti­mothy A. Cun­ning­ham as the prop­erty owner, de­ter­mined that the blaze started in­side the shed, fire of­fi­cials said. How­ever, as of Mon­day morn­ing, the cause of the fire re­mained un­der in­ves­ti­ga­tion, fire of­fi­cials added.

This marks the sec­ond Ear­leville shed fire in four days.

On Nov. 15, a fire de­stroyed a 20-by-15-foot out­build­ing in Glen 4, Lot 106, at In­dian Acres of Ch­e­sa­peake Bay, which is a year­round camp­ground com­mu­nity. The blaze caused an es­ti­mated $5,000 in dam­age to that shed while de­stroy­ing ap­prox­i­mately $5,000 in prop­erty in­side of it.

Within a few hours af­ter vol­un­teer fire­fight­ers bat­tled the blaze, MSFMO in­ves­ti­ga­tors de­ter­mined that a heat lamp in­side the shed had ig­nited nearby com­bustibles. Fire de­tec­tives listed “ac­ci­den­tal” as the cause of that fire.

PHOTO COUR­TESY OF CE­CIL COUNTY FIRE BLOG

Fire­fight­ers bat­tle a shed fire in Ear­leville on Satur­day night.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.