Thumbs down

Cecil Whig - - & -

To the ris­ing num­ber of fires to strike Ce­cil County over the past week. At least one in a home­less en­camp­ment has been ruled ar­son, while others were de­ter­mined to have been started with ac­ci­den­tal mis­use of open flames or heaters. Still more have causes that have yet to be de­ter­mined. Re­gard­less, it is a re­minder for ev­ery­one to check the con­di­tion of their smoke de­tec­tors and re­view es­cape pro­ce­dures. Do­ing so could mean the difference be­tween life and death. It al­ready has for one Elk­ton man who was alerted by a smoke alarm to a fire started by cloth­ing too closer to a space heater. He was able to es­cape and re­turn with a hose to put the fire out, but not be­fore he suf­fered burns. Had it not been for the smoke alarms, how­ever, it may have been a very dif­fer­ent out­come.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.