SPAM® CLASSIC BUDAE JJIGAE ARMY STEW
Courtesy of The Hormel Kitchen
This Korean hot pot favorite is the whole kit and canoodle. It’s a flavorful medley of ramen noodles, meats, beans, tofu, and veggies simmering in a savory chicken broth. Get jjigae with it.
Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
1 (12-ounce) can SPAM. Classic sliced
1 (8-ounce) can pork and beans
7 ounces Kielbasa, sliced
1 (16-ounce) package firm tofu, sliced
1 cup kimchi, diced
1/2 onion, sliced
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1 (4.2-ounce) package Korean ramen noodle, with seasoning packet
2 tablespoons Korean chili flakes
1 tablespoon Korean chili paste
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup sliced green onions
Hot cooked rice
1. In large skillet over medium high heat, cook SPAM. Classic slices 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
2. In a large shallow pot or pan, arrange SPAM. Classic slices, pork and beans, Kielbasa, tofu, kimchi, onion and mushrooms. Place ramen noodle on top.
3. In a small bowl, combine ramen seasoning packet, chili flakes, chili paste, garlic, soy sauce and pepper.
4. Add the seasoning mixture to the pot and pour chicken stock over.
5. Bring the pot to a boil over mediumhigh heat; cook, stirring in the seasoning and noodles for 5 to 6 minutes or until noodles are tender and stew is heated through. Garnish with green onions. Serve with rice.