Coconut Lemongrass Wild Salmon
SERVES 4. HANDS-ON TIME: 25 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 50 MINUTES.
11/4 lb skinless wild salmon (1 inch thick)
1 lime (NOTE: Juice half and cut remaining half into 4 wedges.) ¼ tsp sea salt ¼ tsp ground black pepper, divided 1 tsp sesame oil 1 tsp peanut or olive oil 1 large shallot, minced
1 stalk lemongrass (NOTE: Remove tough outer layers and mince tender inner portion of bottom 3 inches.) 1 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth 1 13.5-oz BPA-free can full-fat coconut milk 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite size florets 1 small red Thai chile, halved lengthwise and seeded 3 large makrut lime leaves, bruised (NOTE: Use the handle of your knife to bang the leaves.) 2 tbsp raw honey 4 large baby bok choy, quartered 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved 4 tsp fish sauce, optional ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Season salmon with lime juice, salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper. Mist a large square of foil with cooking spray. Wrap salmon and bake for 10 minutes; set aside in foil to cool. (TIP: You can line the foil with parchment to provide a buffer between the fish and the foil.)
2. In a large saucepan on mediumhigh, heat sesame and peanut oil. Add shallots, lemongrass and ginger; sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add broth, coconut milk, cauliflower, chile, lime leaves and honey. Bring to a boil. Add bok choy and tomatoes and bring to a boil again.
4. Remove salmon from foil, place into center of saucepan immersed in liquid, cover and steam for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from liquid and cut into 4 pieces or flake into smaller pieces.
5. To serve, divide vegetables evenly among bowls. Add salmon and liquid over top, dividing evenly. Drizzle servings with fish sauce (if using). Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 tsp black pepper, cilantro (if using) and lime wedges.
PER SERVING (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 514, Total Fat: 32 g, Sat. Fat: 20.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g, Carbs: 25 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 36 g, Sodium: 337 mg, Cholesterol: 66 g