Sweet peaches meld with creamy ricotta cheese in this light and moist Bundt cake smothered with an orange–yogurt frosting.
Topped off with an orange-yogurt frosting, this Peach Ricotta Bundt Cake is the ideal light dessert for all your warm-weather gatherings.
PEACH RICOTTA BUNDT CAKE with Yogurt Frosting SERVES 16. HANDS-ON TIME: 15 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 1 HOUR.*
CAKE 1¾ cups whole-wheat pastry flour (TRY: King Arthur WholeWheat Pastry Flour)
¾ cup organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic sugar)
1 tsp each baking powder and baking soda
½ tsp each sea salt and ground cinnamon 3 large eggs ½ cup sunflower or safflower oil 1½ cups full-fat ricotta cheese
2 tsp finely grated orange zest + ¼ cup fresh orange juice
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1½ cups peeled and diced peaches (TIP: To peel, use a soft fruit peeler, or make an X on bottom of each with a knife, blanch in simmering water then peel.) FROSTING ½ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted 2 tbsp raw honey 1 tsp finely grated orange zest ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously mist a 10-inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cane juice, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and oil until light and frothy, about 30 seconds. Stir in cheese, orange zest and juice and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture in 3 additions, until combined. Fold in peaches. Transfer batter to prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
4. Prepare frosting: In a small bowl, whisk together all frosting ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Invert cake onto a serving plate. Whisk frosting again then drizzle over cake. Cut into 16 slices.
PER SERVING (1∕16 of cake): Calories: 258, Total Fat: 14 g, Sat. Fat: 5 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Carbs: 27 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 6 g, Sodium: 209 mg, Cholesterol: 48 mg
*PLUS COOLING TIME.