Grilled Mixed Mushroom Flatbread
SERVES 8. HANDS-ON TIME: 20 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES.
Smothered in walnut-parsley pesto and topped with mushrooms, this meatless flatbread takes only 30 minutes to serve up, thanks to store-bought dough.
2 cups loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tbsp chopped unsalted walnuts
1 clove garlic
1∕2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
1∕4 cup olive oil, divided
2 shallots, thinly sliced
12 oz mixed mushrooms (such as oyster, cremini, shiitake), stemmed and sliced
1 1-lb pkg store-bought whole-grain pizza dough
1∕3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat a greased grill to mediumhigh heat.
2. Prepare pesto: In a food processer pulse parsley, walnuts, garlic and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper until ānel\ cKopped, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. With the motor running, slowly add 3 tbsp oil until just incorporated. Scrape mixture into a bowl and set aside.
3. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and remaining
¼ tsp each salt and pepper, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are lightly browned and softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
4. 2n a ligKtl\ floured board, roll out dough to ½-inch thickness (about a 12-inch circle). (NOTE: Dough can be rolled into a freeform rectangular shape, just do not roll too thin.) Lay dough on grill grates, cooking until grill marks form and dough lifts easily, 2 to 4 minutes. Using tongs, flip dougK and cook otKer side until grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off one side of grill to set up for indirect cooking. Transfer dough to board and spread pesto on top, leaving a ½-inch border. Top with mushrooms and cheese.
5. Return pizza to unheated side of grill; close lid. Cook until mushrooms are warmed through and cheese is softening, 3 to 6 minutes. Transfer to serving board and cut into slices.
PER SERVING: (1∕8 of recipe): Calories: 334, Total Fat: 14 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 7 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 46 g, Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 10 g, Sodium: 618 mg, Cholesterol: 3 mg