GRILLED COD & POBLANO TACOS with Gremolata
SERVES 6. HANDS-ON TIME: 20 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES.
There’s nothing that says breezy beach barbecue like fish tacos. In this recipe, we layer grilled cod with poblanos, avocados and gremolata, a mix of fragrant chopped herbs, garlic and lime zest. We chop the herbs by hand here, but feel free to pulse ingredients in the food processor if you prefer.
6 tbsp fresh cilantro ¼ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley 3 cloves garlic
½ red jalapeño or serrano chile, halved and seeded
2 tsp finely chopped lime zest + 3 limes, quartered, for serving 12 6-inch corn tortillas 4 poblanos (4 oz each), each cut into 3–4 large pieces, stemmed and seeded 4½ tbsp olive oil, divided
3 avocados, halved and pitted 1¼ tsp sea salt, divided ¾ tsp ground black pepper, divided 1½ lb skinless cod fillets 1 tsp ground coriander
1. Prepare gremolata: On a cutting board, chop cilantro, parsley, garlic, chile and lime zest together (or pulse together in a food processor). Transfer to a portable lidded container; refrigerate.
2. Preheat a grill or grill pan on medium. Grill tortillas until grillmarked, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Brush poblanos with 2 tbsp oil and halved avocados with 1 tbsp oil. Grill avocados on high, cut side down, until grill-marked, about 2 minutes. Grill poblanos until crisptender, about 5 minutes per side. Season poblanos with ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Thinly slice poblanos crosswise and thinly slice avocados.
4. Reduce heat on grill to medium. Brush cod with remaining 1½ tbsp oil, sprinkle with coriander, ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp pepper, and grill until marked and flak\, to minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and flake into large cKunks. NOTE: 7o prevent delicate āsK Irom flaking too much on the grill, cut pieces of foil an inch wider than the size oI tKe āsK and line witK a smaller piece of parchment paper. Brush generousl\ witK oil, tKen cook āsK on top. If you’re using a grill pan, you can place āsK straigKt into pan.
5. 'ivide avocados, poblano, flaked āsK and gremolata among tortillas. Serve with lime wedges.
PER SERVING (2 tacos): Calories: 481, Total Fat: 28 g, Sat. Fat: 4 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 19 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4 g, Carbs: 39 g, Fiber: 12 g, Sugars: 2 g, Protein: 24 g, Sodium: 482 mg, Cholesterol: 43 mg