YOUR CHEAT SHEET
Below are the foods to focus on and those we’re taking a break from for the next 2 weeks. Keep this list handy for easy reference.
FOODS TO EMBRACE • Organic grass-fed meats
• Sustainably caught seafood
• Organic eggs • Vegetables and fruits* • Nuts and seeds
• Fermented foods (sauerkraut, kimchi, coconut water, kombucha)
• Healthy fats like olive, coconut and avocado oil
• Raw honey and pure maple syrup (in moderate amounts)
• Legumes (optional; if you suspect an intolerance, avoid or limit; also avoid to keep the plan Paleo-friendly)
FOODS TO AVOID
• Grains including wheat (bread, pasta, rice)
• Refined sugar (cane sugar, high-fructose corn syrup)
• Preservatives and additives
• Refined oils like corn oil and canola oil
(yes, even red wine!)
*Check the EWG’s Dirty Dozen list – vegetables and fruits that are important to buy organic (ewg.org).