Sweet Potato Flatbread
with Rapini & Caramelized Onion
SERVES 6. HANDS-ON TIME: 20 MINUTES. TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES.
2 tbsp olive oil + additional for brushing
12 oz sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3-inch chunks (about 1 medium to large sweet potato)
3∕4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (TRY: Hodgson Mill Old Fashioned Thick Cut Oats)
(TIP: For a gluten-free crust, choose glutenfree oats.)
11∕2 cups grated Emmenthal cheese, divided
1∕4 cup tapioca starch
2 large eggs
3 tbsp ghee, melted
1¼ tsp sea salt, divided
1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
½ bunch rapini (about 4 oz), cut into 2-inch pieces
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and brush center with oil.
2. To a food processor, add sweet potato, oats, ½ cup cheese and tapioca. 3ulse until ānel\ chopped. Add eggs, ghee and ½ tsp salt; pulse until mixture is well combined and has a thick consistenc\.
3. Transfer mixture to prepared sheet and press into a 10-inch oblong shape. Bake for 25 to
minutes, until dr\ and brown at the edges. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté until caramelized, about 3 minutes. Add rapini, pepper flakes and remaining ¾ tsp salt. Continue to sauté until rapini is tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Top crust with onion-rapini mixture and remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING (1∕6 of recipe): Calories: 353, Total Fat: 23 g, Sat. Fat: 11 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 25 g, Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 6 g, Protein: 12.5 g, Sodium: 498 mg, Cholesterol: 107 mg