Man charged with cell­phone theft

Connecticut Post (Sunday) - - News - By Jim Shay

Po­lice said they found Bas­deo, the pro­ject man­ager, in pos­ses­sion of 12 un­opened phones.

WEST­PORT — A Nor­walk man has been charged for the theft of boxes con­tain­ing $ 8,900 worth of cell­phones, po­lice said.

Curtis Bas­deo, 52, turned him­self in to West­port Po­lice after be­ing told there was a war­rant for his ar­rest on a charge of third- de­gree lar­ceny.

Ac­cord­ing to a re­lease by Lt. Jil­lian Ca­bana, on Sept. 28 of­fi­cers went to the AT& T store on Post Road East for a re­port of a stolen item.

“The com­plainant, an em­ployee of the AT& T re­tailer, con­tacted the pro­ject man­ager of a com­pany hired to re­pair re­cent flood dam­age,” Ca­bana said. “Dur­ing the con­ver­sa­tions, no one ad­vised the com­plainant any mer­chan­dise was moved off site, nor was any­one given per­mis­sion to re­move any­thing from the safe.”

Po­lice said they found Bas­deo, the pro­ject manag- er, in pos­ses­sion of 12 un­opened phones. Of­fi­cers later learned the phones had been de­liv­ered to the store ear­lier in the week and were val­ued at over $ 8,900, po­lice said.

Bas­deo is sched­uled to ap­pear in Nor­walk Su­pe­rior Court Nov. 14.

Bas­deo

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from USA

© PressReader. All rights reserved.