5 reasons to invest in this long-lasting material.
Discover five great reasons to invest in this beautiful forever material.
Tile is the perfect combination of style and function—a long-lasting material that provides a unique
statement piece in your home. Melanie Stephens of Granada Tile knows the benefits of this material. Here are five of her reasons to try it out.
1. It lasts forever. Or at least almost forever. Whether you go with traditional porcelain tiles or Granada’s specialty, cement tiles, you can rest assured that the material is sturdy and will probably outlive you. “They last pretty close to forever,” Melanie says.
2. It’s easy to clean. Unlike carpet, which absorbs everything, tile is low maintenance. Have you ever thought of putting tile in those tricky carpet areas like your bedroom or under your dining room table? “Tile in the bedroom is actually a wonderful thing to have,” Melanie says. “Especially if you have allergies or asthma, you’re better off with a surface you can keep really clean.”
3. It balances the temperature. Did you know that tile provides a balancing function? “Tile absorbs heat in the day and releases it at night, so it balances the temperature,” Melanie says. “It’s nice in warm climates because it’s cool in the morning. For colder climates, some of our clients have put radiant heat under their cement tile.”
4. It’s classic. Unlike wallpaper, which you can rip down or cover over, tile is permanent. But that’s not a problem because tile patterns have been around for centuries. “It’s not something someone made up today; it’s something you’ll see forever,” Melanie says. “The designs we have that are the most popular are really classic designs; they’re not trendy.”
5. It’s unique. Not many people have show-stopping tile patterns in their home, and even fewer have cement tile. “Cement tile is very even, so you can lay it close with very little grout,” Melanie says. “You don’t see a tile-grout-tilegrout pattern when you look at it; you’re seeing just the tile pattern.” As a result, you can get a carpet or wallpaper look with your tile.