5 ways to add sunny summer style to any room.
Create a dining room that feels like an outdoor entertaining space.
T his cheerfully fresh dining room would look perfectly at home in a patio or garden, thanks to a vibrant design by interior designer Elena Phillips. “The home has an indoor-outdoor feel,” says Elena of Elena Phillips Interiors. “The furnishings are casual. We didn’t want anything to feel too precious.” Eager to get the look? Here are five ideas to steal.
1. TEXTURED WALLPAPER. Elena chose a raffia wall covering of natural fibers from Kneedler Fauchére for an earthy and more casual feel.
2. CLUTTER-FREE DECOR. An open, airy atmosphere is an important characteristic of beachside style, and maintaining visual flow and removing divisions between rooms help achieve this look, Elena says.
3. OUTDOOR STYLE. From the blue-andwhite French bistro chairs to the leafy coral-like chandelier Elena used, materials and finishes common for gardens imbue the room with casual elegance.
4. BEACH DETAILS. The waves artwork is a unique take on beach art—it also set the color palette for the room.
5. PAINTED FLOORS. The white highgloss painted floors are a classic beachhouse element. They are easy to clean and add that summer cottage vibe.