5 Design Tips for the English Townhouse
1. Salvage original materials to reuse, or select fitting materials to replace damaged and unusable supplies.
2. Plank or terracotta flooring can replace old flagstones, while maintaining original rusticity.
3. Use reclaimed materials and handcrafted textiles to complement period features and enhance an old-fashioned layout.
4. Treasure and preserve fanlights and sash windows, which can be accompanied by fine fabrics and patterned drapes.
5. Make use of your in-between spaces—particularly staircases—by installing wallpaper that can be paired with overlaid portraits or photographs.