How to Keep It Cohesive
The Heusen home is a wonderful example of consistent design. Feeling inspired? Here are Lidia’s top five tips for keeping each room distinct yet cohesive throughout a house.
1. Your house should tell your own story. If you do that everywhere, there will be cohesiveness no matter what.
2. Carry one design element throughout your home.
3. Use one paint color, preferably a neutral, in all the living spaces. Then just change up the accessories!
4. Opt for light fixtures in the same finish, like matte black for instance, but with different complementary styles.
5. In your home, have only things that you love or that serve a purpose. Everything not falling into one of these two categories should go.