make it BANNER day
GUSSY UP ANY SHINDIG WITH THIS NO-SEW BUNTING PROJECT.
Foam alphabet stamps
Foam brush (to apply paint
lightly to stamps)
Fusible bonding web
(Stitch Witchery by Dritz)
Iron, ironing board
HOW TO BEGIN BY PREPPING THE FABRIC.
1. For the line, cut long strips approximately 1 inch wide. Cut or tear strips, and then knot them together at the ends until the line is the desired length.
2. For the pennants, fold the fabric in half, and cut two angles toward each other away from the crease to form a triangle; when opened, you should have a diamond shape. You will want one pennant for each letter. (This will help determine the length needed for the line.)
3. Practice your paint-and-stamp technique to achieve the look you want. On fabric, stamp each letter you need; allow letters to dry, and then cut them out. 4. Lay the line out on an ironing
board. Not far from one end, slide an open diamond beneath the line and trim a piece of fusible bonding web to fit, allowing for margins. Close the diamond, and following the manufacturer’s guidelines, adjust the setting on the iron and apply heat to seal the triangle together. Leave a bit of a gap toward the top to enable moving the pennant(s) as needed once displayed. Continue until you have one pennant for each letter. Use a small strip of fusible bonding web and your iron to affix a letter to each pennant.
5. Once all of the lettered pennants are complete, give them an extra pass of the iron to sharpen creases.
6. Tie small strips of fabric, ribbon and rickrack in gaps between pennants. Use pinking shears for a homespun zigzag edge.
Elyse Major is the author
Visit Elyse at tinkeredtreasures.com.