Senior Computer Learning Center schedules classes, workshops
KINGSTON >> The Senior Computer Learning Center, 94 Mary’s Ave., is offering the following classes and workshops:
• Oct. 4 from 9 a.m. to noon, Introduction to Facebook workshop. The cost is $30.
• Oct. 5 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saving & Organizing Files workshop. The cost is $20.
• Oct. 13 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., EBay workshop. The cost is $30.
• Oct. 14 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Spreadsheets workshop. The cost is $20.
• Oct. 17 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Picassa in Detail (four-week class). The cost is $50.
• Oct. 18 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Social media workshop. The cost is $30.
• Oct. 20 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Windows 10 workshop. The cost is $30.
• Oct. 21 from 9 a.m. to noon, I Cloud Setup workshop. The cost is $20.
• Oct. 21 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Tables/Clip Art workshop. The cost is $20.
• Oct. 25 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Facebook for Home & Business workshop. The cost is $30.
• Oct. 28, from 9 a.m. to noon, Windows 10 Edge workshop. The cost is $20.
• Oct. 28 from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m., Mail Merge workshop. The cost is $20.
Call (845) 339-0046 or send an email to SCLC@gmail.com to register or for more information.
Senior groups list meeting schedules
HURLEY >> The Hurley Seniors will meet Thursday, Oct. 6, at 1:30 in Schadewalkd
Hall at the Hurley Reformed Church, 11 Main St.
The guest speaker will be Neal Smoller of Smoller Apothecary will be the guest speaker. He will provide insights into herbal and natural medications.
There will also be a short business meeting and a time for refreshments. All seniors are welcome.
NEW PALTZ >> The Retired Men of the New Paltz Community will have their monthly breakfast meeting on Monday, Oct. 2, at 8 a.m. at the New Paltz Plaza Diner, 27 New Paltz Plaza.
The speaker will be Dan Whitley, who will give a talk titled “Experiences in Cuba.”
All retired men are invited to attend. Call Phil Kissinger at (845) 2565472 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
PORT EWEN >> The Town of Esopus Seniors will have a “Meet the Candidates Day” on Monday, Oct. 3, at 1 p.m. in the Community Center at Esopus Town Hall, 284 Broadway.
Call Kathie at (845) 331-7358 for more information.
WOODSTOCK >> The Woodstock Senior Citizens Club will meet Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 12:30 p.m. at the Reservoir Inn, 157 Basin Road, West Hurley, for its annual installation dinner.
STONE RIDGE >> The Marbletown Seniors will meet Friday, Oct. 7, at noon at the Community Center, 3564 Main St. (U.S. Route 209).
Members planning to attend are ask to bring a casserole to share or put $3 in the basket.
SAUGERTIES >> The Saugerties Senior Citizens Club installed the following members into office at the Sept. 13 meeting: Marilyn Short, president; Nora Drefin, first vice president; Jean Melville, second vice president; Donna Weinberger, secretary; and Gail Rompella, treasurer.
Kathy Conti will continue serving as trip coordinator. Jean Johnson and Barbara Washburn will organize the Christmas party, anniversary party and the annual picnic. Jack Conti will continue to serve as executive treasurer.
The Halloween Parade will take place at the Thursday, Oct. 27, meeting. Joan Whitaker will be in charge.
CLERMONT >> The Southern Tier Seniors will meet Wednesday, Oct. 5, for their monthly meeting at the Clermont Firehouse off of Route 9G. Doors will open at 11 a.m.
There will be a speaker from Treble Law who will talk about estate planning. Those planning to attend should bring their lunch. This month’s desserts will be brought by members whose last names begin with the letters M through R.
The next trip will be Nov. 16 to Turning Stone Casino in Verona, N.Y. A free play bonus and food voucher are included. Must be 21 or older to participate, and ID is required. Call Jim or JoAnn at (845) 7562960 for more information. Non-members are welcome to join the trips.
The annual Christmas party will take place Dec. 4 at noon at the firehouse. Tickets will be available at the meeting.
People with holiday items from Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas that they no longer need are asked to donate them to the white elephant table.
The group’s meetings take place on the first Wednesday of each month at 11 a.m. at the firehouse.