LAW & DISORDER
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
City of Kingston
• Drugs: Kyla L. Knowlton, 27, of Kingston, was arrested by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies at 10:30 p.m. Monday on Broadway in Kingston and was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance (heroin), possession of a hypodermic instrument and aggravated unlicensed driving, all misdemeanors, and with driving with no or inadequate plate lamps, an infraction. Police said they stopped Knowlton’s vehicle and used drug-sniffing dogs to locate heroin and hypodermic syringes. Knowlton was released with a ticket for Kingston City Court. • Drugs: Jermaine B. Mangrum, 36, of Ellenville, who is serving time at the Ulster County Jail after being returned to there by the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision on an unrelated charge, was arrested by members of the Ulster Regional Gang Enforcement Narcotics Team on Tuesday morning and was charged with criminal sale of a controlled substance and criminal possession of a controlled substance, both felonies. Mangrum was recently indicted on the charges by an Ulster County grand jury and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He remains at the Ulster County Jail pending a court appearance.
• DWI: Jessica J. Maurer, 42, of Oak Hill, was arrested by state police at Catskill at 5:35 p.m. Thursday on state Route 81 in Greenville and was charged with drunken driving, aggravated drunken driving and driving with a blood-alcohol level exceeding 0.08 percent, all misdemeanors. Maurer was released with a ticket for Greenville Town Court.
• Drugs: Jennifer L. Zeboris, 41, of Hurley, was arrested by state police at Highland at 4:15 p.m. Thursday at 212 state Route 22 in Lloyd and was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance and possession of a hypodermic instrument, both misdemeanors. Zeboris was released with tickets for Lloyd Town Court. • DWI: Connor P. Dineer, 23, of Warwick, was arrested by state police at Highland at 2:55 a.m. Friday on U.S. Route 9W in Lloyd and was charged with drunken driving and driving with a bloodalcohol level exceeding 0.08 percent, both misdemeanors, and with possession of marijuana, a violation. Dineer was released with a ticket for Lloyd Town Court.
• Contraband: Sharon D. Haynes, 55, of Riverhead, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at the Eastern Correctional Facility, 30 Institution Road, Napanoch, at 12:50 p.m. Thursday and was charged with possession of contraband in prison, a felony, and with possession of more than two ounces of marijuana, a misdemeanor. Further information was unavailable.
• Drugs: Nancy L. Bennett, 66, of Kerhonkson, was arrested by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies at 8:13 p.m. Wednesday on Brooks Drive in Wawarsing and was charged with criminal possession of marijuana and unlawfully growing cannabis, both misdemeanors. Bennett was arrested after deputies went to a residence on Brooks Drive in response to a reported domestic dispute. An investigation found a small marijuana “grow operation” on the property, deputies said. Bennett was released with a ticket for Wawarsing Town Court.