3 charged with selling alcohol to minors
A sweep of 24 Greene County stores and bars ended with the arrests of three employees accused of selling alcohol to minors, state police said Friday.
State police at Catskill had a person under the age of 21 try to buy from the businesses on Thursday.
The following individuals were arrested for allegedly selling alcohol to a minor and charged with the misdemeanor of unlawfully dealing with a minor and with a violation of the state Alcohol Beverage Control Act:
• Patricia A. Schnur, age and address not provided, an employee at Captain Kidd’s Inn, West Main Street, Catskill.
• Matthew W. Speenburg, age and address not provided, an employee of Beer Universe, U.S. Route 9W, Coxsackie.
• A 16-year-old female employee at Tops, state Route 32, Greenville, whose name and address were not provided.
All three were released with tickets to appear in Greenville Town Court.
The following establishments were checked and found in compliance with the ABC Act, police said:
• In Cairo, South Cairo Store, state Route 23B; and Stewart’s, state Route 23.
• In Durham, Blackthorne Resort, Sunside Road; Durham Valley Liquor Store, state Route 145; and Milk Run, state Route 145.
• In Greenville, Cumberland Farms, state Route 81; Country Square Wines and Liquors, state Route 32; and Rite Aid, state Route 32.
• In Coxsackie, Tops, U.S. Route 9W; Bottle and Cork Discount Wine and Liquor, U.S. Route 9W; Cumberland Farms, Mansion Street; Cask and Rasher, Mansion Street; Sunoco, Mansion Street; and Stewart’s, U.S. Route 9W.
• In New Baltimore, Xtramart, U.S. Route 9W; and 21B Sports Bar, U.S. Route 9W.
• In Athens, Stewart’s, state Route 385.
• In Catskill, Valero, state Route 23; Sunoco, state Route 23; and Catskill Grocers, Main Street.