Law & Disorder
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
· Rape/endangering: Nicholas A. Carney, 21, of Athens, was arrested by state police at Catskill at 1:06 p.m. Tuesday in Cairo and charged with rape of a victim less than 17, a felony, and with the misdemeanor of acting in a manner injurious to a child under 17. Carney was sent to the Greene County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bail.
· Drugs: Rahsean D. Bowman, 29, of Hudson, was arrested by state police at Catskill at 4 p.m. Tuesday on U.S. Route 9W in Catskill and charged with felony posses-
session of a narcotic drug with intent to sell and with felony sale of a controlled substance (a narcotic drug). Also on Tuesday, Bowman was arrested by Catskill police on a sealed indictment for the felonies of sale of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance with intent to sell. When arrested, Bowman was found in possession of a small quantity of crack cocaine and was additionally charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance, police said. Bowman was sent to the Greene County Jail to await arraignment in Greene County Court.
· Aggravated harassment: William Hill, 24, of West Park, was arrested by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies at about 4 p.m. Monday and charged with misdemeanor aggravated harassment. Hill made death threats to a victim by phone, police said. He was released with a ticket for Esopus Town Court.
Town of Rochester
· DWI: Craig H. Greenberg, 38, of Kerhonkson, was arrested by Ulster County Sheriff’s deputies at about 4:16 a.m. Sunday on Granite Road in the town of Rochester and charged with the misdemeanors of driving with a blood-alcohol level exceeding 0.08 percent and drunken driving, along with several traffic violations. Greenberg was released with tickets for Rochester Town Court.
· Drugs: Edward F. Howey, 48, of Wallkill, was arrested by state police at Gardiner on state Route 300 in Shawangunk and charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance. Howey was released with a ticket for Shawangunk Town Court.
· Contraband: Michael Latham, 32, of Brooklyn, and Gary Frazier, 25, of Queens, both inmates at the Ulster Correctional Facility, 750 Berne Road, Napanoch, were arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 1:30 p.m. and 1:45 p.m., respectively, on Tuesday and were both charged with felony possession of contraband in prison. They were both held at the facility pending future court appearances.