LAW & DISORDER
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
• DWI/drugs: Jordan M. Rippel, 28, of New Lebanon, was arrested by state police at Coxsackie at 9:26 p.m. Tuesday in Athens and was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal mischief and drunken driving, all misdemeanors, and with possession of marijuana, a violation. Further information was unavailable.
• Criminal mischief: A 16-year-old Claverack boy was arrested by state police at Claverack at 1:02 p.m. Tuesday at the state police barracks on U.S. Route 9 in Livingston and was charged with criminal mischief, a felony. The youth, who was not identified by police because of his age, was released with a court appearance ticket.
• DWI: Michael M. Downes, 46, of Wallkill, was arrested by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies at 1:40 a.m. Monday on state Route 208 in Gardiner and was charged with driving with a blood-alcohol content exceeding 0.08 percent and aggravated drunken driving with a blood-alcohol content exceeding 0.18 percent, both misdemeanors, and multiple traffic violations. Downes was released with a ticket to appear in Gardiner Town Court.
• DWI: Patrick K. Sullivan, 24, of Orchard Park, was arrested by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies at 2:16 a.m. Sunday on state Route 299 in the town of New Paltz and was charged with misdemeanor drunken driving and traffic violations. Sullivan was released with a ticket for New Paltz Court.
• DWI: Marc R. Gallagher, 41, of Staatsburg, was arrested by Red Hook police at 1:40 a.m. Sunday on South Broadway in the village of Red Hook and was charged with aggravated drunken driving and drunken driving (two counts), all misdemeanors. Following a traffic stop, Gallagher was found to have a blood-alcohol content of 0.18 percent, more than twice the legal limit, police said. He was released with a ticket for Red Hook Village Court.
• Drugs: Adam W. Bacon, 21, of Saugerties, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 10:02 a.m. Tuesday on state Route 32 in the town of Saugerties and was charged with two misdemeanor counts each of criminal possession of a controlled substance and having a controlled substance in a non-original container. Bacon was released with tickets for Saugerties Town Court.
• DWI: Matthew O. Whalen, 21, of Modena, was arrested by state police at Highland at 11:30 p.m. Tuesday on Albany Post Road in Shawangunk and was charged with drunken driving and driving with a blood-alcohol level exceeding 0.08 percent, both misdemeanors. Whalen was released with a ticket for Shawangunk Town Court.
Town of Ulster
• Drugs: Elizabeth M. Wagner, 31, of Saugerties, was arrested by Ulster County sheriff’s deputies at 11:34 p.m. Sunday on Ulster Avenue in the town of Ulster and was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance (heroin), a misdemeanor, and with traffic violations. Wagner was released with a ticket for Ulster Town Court.
• DWAI-drugs: James S. Cintron, 38, of Kingston, was arrested by Woodstock Police on Tuesday and charged with one misdemeanor count of driving while ability impaired by drugs and the violations of speeding, failure to keep right, uninspected motor vehicle and failure to notify the Department of Motor Vehicles of an address change. Cintron’s arrest followed a personal injury car accident on state Route 375 in Woodstock in which he crossed the center yellow line and struck a vehicle driven by a female West Hurley resident, who was not identified by police. The female driver was taken to Northern Dutchess Hospital with minor injuries, police said. Cintron was released with a ticket for Woodstock Town Court.