Law & Disorder
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
City of Kingston
• DWI: Christopher C. Quigley, 37, of Lake Katrine, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 8 p.m. Thursday on U.S. Route 9W on a misdemeanor charge of drunken driving. He was released with a ticket to appear in Kingston City Court.
• DWI: Nicole L. Mastrangelo, 49, of Hurley, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 2:30 a.m. Friday on Hurley Avenue on a misdemeanor charge of drunken driving. She was released with a ticket to appear in Kingston City Court.
Town of Ulster • DWI:
William L. Spearman, 67, of Lake Katrine, was arrested Wednesday on a misdemeanor charge of drunken driving. Ulster town police said Spearman was arrested after officers received a complaint of an erratic vehicle on U.S. Route 9W that was crossing the center line of the roadway and swerving in the travel lane. An officer located the vehicle based on the complainant’s description and found Spearman to be driving while intoxicated, police said. Spearman was released with tickets to appear in Ulster Town Court.
• Child support: Robert J. Sprague, 37, of Bloomingburg, was arrested Thursday on a misdemeanor charge of nonsupport of a child. Ulster County sheriff’s deputies said Sprague surrendered to Crawford town police on an arrest warrant issued by the Ulster Town Court for failure to pay child support in excess of $19,000. Sprague was arraigned in Ulster Town Court and released pending a further court appearance.
• Loaded firearm: Josiah Frati, 27, of Greenville, was arrested by state police at Catskill at 3:34 p.m. Thursday on state Route 32 on charges of possession of a loaded firearm in a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, and possession of marijuana, a violation. He was released with tickets to appear in Catskill Town Court.
• Drugs: Melissa A. Mulcahy, 46, of Highland, was arrested Tuesday on felony charges of criminal sale, attempted sale and criminal possession of a controlled substance. Lloyd police said Mulcahy is accused of selling a narcotic drug to an undercover police officer in the hamlet of Highland. She was arraigned in Plattekill Town Court and sent to Ulster County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bail pending a court appearance.
Marbletown • Endangering:
Mark Saltzman, 65, of Stone Ridge, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 1:14 p.m. Thursday on charges of endangering the welfare of a child, a misdemeanor; and harassment, a violation. He was released with tickets to appear in Marbletown Town Court.
Town of Rochester
• DWI: Matthew Harrington, 29, of Kingston, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing at 9:50 p.m. Thursday on U.S. Route 209 on a misdemeanor charge of drunken driving. He was released with a ticket to appear in Rochester Town Court.