Law & Disorder
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
City of Kingston
• Drugs: Vaneese L. Roseberry, 36, of Lake Katrine, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 11:40 a.m. Wednesday on Col. Chandler Drive on two misdemeanor counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance. She was released with tickets to appear in Kingston City Court.
• DWI: Ricardo G. Vasquez, 35, of Kingston, was arrested by state police at Ulster at 3:52 a.m. Thursday on Albany Avenue on misdemeanor charges of aggravated drunken driving and drunken driving. He was released with tickets to appear in Kingston City Court.
Town of Ulster
• Burglary: Ettienne R. Benton, 59, of Sheehan Court, Kingston, was arrested at 3:18 p.m. Wednesday on charges of burglary and grand larceny, both felonies, after Ulster town police said they received a complaint Monday from a resident reporting a past burglary. The resident reported that when she came home she realized someone had entered her residence and removed a jar of change containing about $1,000, police said. Police said Benton was identified as a suspect and turned himself in to detectives. Benton was processed on the felony charges and then turned over to the Kingston Police Department on an active bench warrant.
• Shoplifting: Edward M. McConnell, 36, of Kingston was arrested at 10:09 p.m. Tuesday on two counts of petit larceny, a misdemeanor. Ulster town police said McConnell was arrested after officers received a shoplifting complaint from the ShopRite supermarket on Miron Lane. McConnell was accused of leaving the store without paying for $41.46 worth of merchandise, and was also identified as being involved in a theft from the Kohl’s store on Miron Lane, which occurred Nov. 4, according to police. In the Kohl’s incident, McConnell allegedly left the store without paying for $90 worth of merchandise, police said. He was released with tickets to appear in Ulster Town Court.
• Marijuana: Salvatore S. Neglia, 22, of Catskill, was arrested by state police at Coxsackie at 9:20 a.m. Wednesday on state Route 23A on a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana. He was also charged with possession of marijuana, a violation, and was ticketed for moving from lane unsafely and a seat belt violation. Neglia was released with tickets to appear in Catskill Town Court.
• Contraband: Alberto Murillo, 51, of Richmond, N.Y., and Joel Rojas, 34, of New York City, were arrested by state police at Wawarsing Wednesday afternoon at the Eastern Correctional Facility and were each charged with promoting prison contraband, a felony, criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor, and possession of marijuana, a violation. Both were held pending arraignment.