The Mid-Hudson Library System’s ‘Most Requested’
The following is a list of the most-requested books at your local libraries for the week ending Nov. 20:
(* = not yet available)
Most Requested Fiction
1. The Whistler: John Grisham, Random House Inc. 2. Small Great Things: Jodi Picoult, Ballantine Books
3. The Wrong Side of Goodbye, Michael Connelly, Little, Brown and Company 4. Night School: Lee Child,
Random House Inc. 5. Turbo Twenty-Three:
Janet Evanovich, Rand House Inc.
6. Commonwealth: Ann
Patchett, Harper 7. Cross the Line: James Patterson, Little, Brown and Company
8. A Man Called Ove: Fredrik Backman, Atria Books 9. Home: Harlan Coben, Dutton 10. No Man’s Land: David Baldacci, Grand Central Publishing
Most Requested Nonfiction
1. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, J.D. Vance, Harper
2. Killing the Rising Sun — How America Vanquished
World War II Japan: Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard, Henry Holt & Company 3. Born to Run: Bruce Springsteen, Simon & Schuster
4. Filthy Rich — A Powerful
Billionaire,The Sex Scandal That Undid Him, and All The Justice That Money Can Buy, The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein: James Patterson, Little, Brown and Company
5. The Hidden Life of Trees — What They Feel, How They Communicate- Discoveries from a Secret World: Peter Wohlleben, Greystone Books
6. Cooking for Jeffrey: Ina Garten, Random House Inc.
7. Strangers in Their Own Land — Anger and Mourning on the American Right: Arlie Russell Hochschild, Perseus Distribution Services
8. Born a Crime — Stories from a South African Childhood: Trevor Noah, Spiegel & Grau
9. Hungry Heart — Adventures in Life, Love, and Writing: Jennifer Weiner, Atria Books
10. Hitler — Ascent, 18891939: Volker Ullrich, translated from the German by Jefferson Chase, Random House Inc. The Mid-Hudson Library System’s “Most Requested” is comprised of information gathered from the system’s 66 member libraries in Ulster, Dutchess, Greene, Columbia and Putnam counties. Looking for your next read? Visit http:// midhudson.org/for-thepublic/nextreads/ to receive reading recommendations right in your inbox.