Law & disorder
The following items are based on information provided by officials in law enforcement and the criminal justice system.
· Drugs: Lecia A. Zehnacker, 53, of Cairo, was arrested by state police at Catskill at 5:01 p.m. Monday at 4557 state Route 23 in Cairo and charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. Zehnacker was released with a ticket for Cairo Town Court.
· Drugs: Anthony Runza, 23, of Poughkeepsie, was arrested by state police at Highland at 3:05 a.m. Tuesday on U.S. Route 9W in Lloyd and charged with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance, the violation of possession of marijuana and with driving without a license, failing to keep right and moving from lane unsafely, all infractions. Runza was released with a ticket for Lloyd Town Court.
· Possession of a forged instrument: Jery Almonte, 20, of Pinecrest Road, New Paltz, was arrested by New Paltz police at about 12:42 a.m. Thursday on Main Street in the village of New Paltz and was charged with felony possession of a forged instrument and consumption of an alcoholic beverage in the village, a violation. Almonte was walking on Main Street while drinking an alcoholic beverage and was being stopped by police who found him in possession of a forged Pennsylvania driver’s license, police said. Almonte was sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $500 bail pending a court appearance Wednesday. · DWI: Lisa C. Maher, 21, of Hyde Park, was arrested by New Paltz police at about 1:56 a.m. Thursday on North Front Street in the village of New Paltz and was charged with the misdemeanors of commonlaw drunken driving, drunken driving and with vehicle and traffic infractions. Maher was released with a ticket for New Paltz Court. · Drugs: Matthew C. Croce, 20, of Clinton Street, Montgomery, was arrested by New Paltz police at about 3:25 a.m. Thursday after being involved in a fight on Main Street. He was charged with the misdemeanors of possession of a controlled substance (Xanax) and resisting arrest, and with possession of marijuana, a violation. When officers approached Croce and another male, he fled on foot and briefly struggled with officers. Croce was released with a ticket for New Paltz Town Court.
· DWI: Heather L. Johnson, 20, of Philmont, was arrested by Red Hook police at about 8:10 p.m. Sunday after a one-vehicle accident on state Route 9G just north of Kidd Lane in the town of Red Hook and charged with aggravated drunken driving and two counts of drunken driving, all misdemeanors. Johnson was arrested after crashing over a guard rail and coming to rest in a wooded area. She provided a breath test that resulted in a blood-alcohol content of 0.20 percent, more than twice the legal limit. Johnson was released with a ticket for Red Hook Town Court. · DWI: Dawn M. Simmons, 49, of Pine Plains, was arrested by Red Hook police at 1:15 a.m. Thursday on Spring Lake Road in the town of Red Hook and charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance, both misdemeanors. Simmons was released with a ticket for Red Hook Town Court.
· Weapons: Charles H. Minard, 51, of Wallkill, was arrested by state police at Highland at 9:35 p.m. Monday in Shawangunk and charged with three felony counts of possession of a weapon with a prior conviction. Minard was sent to the Ulster County Jail without bail.
· Drugs: Michael P. Campbell, 55, of Catskill, was arrested by state police at Wawarsing and charged with felony possession of more than two pounds of marijuana and with possession of a controlled substance (prescription medications), a misdemeanor. Campbell’s arrest followed a traffic stop for speeding on state Route 52 in Wawarsing. After smelling marijuana, police searched the vehicle and found more than two pounds of marijuana and several prescription medications. Campbell was sent to the Ulster County Jail in lieu of $2,000.