Fuel pump upgrades planned at Thruway service areas
Fuel pumps at six service areas on Thruway between Exits 20 and 27 are being upgraded so they’ll be able to read credit card chips, according to the Thruway Authority.
The work will necessitate the temporary suspension of fuel service at each site during nonpeak travel times, the authority said.
The schedule for the work is as follows.
• Jan. 16: Pattersonville service area, westbound between Exits 26 and 27.
• Jan. 17: Mohawk service area, eastbound between Exits 27 and 26.
• Jan. 18: New Baltimore service area, northbound between Exits 21B and 21A.
• Jan. 19: New Baltimore service area, southbound between Exits 21A and 21B.
• Jan. 23: Malden service area, northbound between Exits 20 and 21.
• Jan. 24: Guidlerland service area, eastbound between Exits 25 and 24.
“The Thruway Authority is always looking for opportunities to install new technology along our roadway to benefit our motorists,” authority Acting Executive Director Bill Finch said in an emailed statement. “The fuel pump upgrades at service areas ... will give credit card users a peace of mind while fueling up on the Thruway while ensuring that our facilities are utilizing state- of-the-art technology.”