Police seek men involved in assault
Two suspects have been identified from a surveillance video
WEST CHESTER >> Borough police have identified the two men suspected of having brutally assaulted a man outside of a convenience store earlier this month.
In twin criminal complaints issued by Detective Stan Billie Thursday, the suspects were identified as Geovoni Angel Cruz and Euginio Ortiz Perez-Bard, both from southern Chester County.
The men remain at large, authorities said.
According to the affidavits of probable cause filed with Magisterial District Judge Mark Bruno’s court, police responded to the report of an assault at about 2:20 a.m. on Oct.9, at the 7-Eleven store located in the 200 block of South High Street. There, they found an unconscious 27-year-old man lying on the ground. Emergency personnel who were called to the scene and transported the victim, whose name is being withheld because his alleged assailants are not in custody, to the Paoli Hospital Trauma Center.
The victim suffered facial fractures, a fractured orbital bone, a fractured nose and a fractured skull. He was initially listed in critical condition. Billie stated that he was able to view the incident from surveillance video provided by the store. The video showed the victim leaving the store and immediately being attacked by two men. After interviewing a woman who knows one of the men, they were identified as Cruz and Perez-Bard, who is allegedly his cousin.
Billie said that both men, “punched and kicked (the victim) numerous times
about his head and body.”
Cruz, 23, is identified as living on College Circle in Lower Oxford, while Perez-Bard, 28, is identified as living on Center Drive in West Nottingham.
Both are charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, and conspiracy.
Police ask anyone who has information about this incident to contact Billie at 610-436-1337.