Road work, closures scheduled around Delaware County
• Creek Road, closed with posted detoured between Bridgewater Road and Dutton Mill roads, and Dutton Mill and Knowlton roads, 7 a.m.-5 p.m. through Dec. 31; lane closure between Dutton Mill and West Knowlton roads, 24 hour restrictions through Sept. 30
• Potter Street, closed with posted detour between 12th and 13th streets, 24-hour detour through Feb. 14
• Crosby Street, closed with posted detour between 12th and 13th streets, 24-hour detour through Sept. 19
• Morton Avenue, closed with posted detour between US 13 (East Ninth Street) and PA 291 (East Fourth Street), 24-hour detour through Oct. 20
Clifton Heights, Concord
• Station Road, closed with posted detour between Concord Road and US 322, 24-hours through Oct. 20
• US 322, periodic lane restrictions between US 1 and Clayton Park Drive, weekdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and 7 p.m.-6 a.m. through Oct. 20
• Main Street, closed with posted detour between North Fifth and South Seventh streets, 24-hour detour through Sept. 17
• College Avenue, closed with posted detour between Spring Mill and Haverford roads, 24hour detour through May 2018
• Creek Road, lane closure between Dutton Mill and West Knowlton roads, 24-hour restrictions through Sept. 30
• Goshen Road closed with posted detour between Newtown Street and Butler Drive, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. weekdays through Sept. 19
• South Bryn Maw Avenue, lane widths narrowed between PA 320 and South Ithan Avenue, through Dec. 15
•South Bryn Mawr Avenue, lane widths narrowed between Sproul and Ithan roads through Dec. 15
• South Wayne Avenue, closed with posted de tour between LancasterAvenue and Conestoga Road, 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m. through Sept. 22
• Fairview Road, lane restrictions at MacDade Boulevard, closed with posted detour between MacDade Boulevard and Chester Pike, weekdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Sept. 29
• Baltimore Pike, lane restrictions between Thomson and Sproul roads, 9a.m.-3p.m .through Sept. 29; between East Woodland and Thomson roads, weekdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 18-Oct. 13
• East Springfield Road, lane closure between Powell and Alford roads, weekdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Sept. 21
• PA 322 West, lane restrictions between PA 452 and I-95 through 5 a.m. Sept. 18
• Providence Road, lane restrictions between South Avenue and Bishop Road, weekdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Sept. 29
• Garrett Road, closed with posted detour between Lansdowne Avenue and West Chester Pike, weekdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Nov. 17
• South Oak Avenue, closed with posted detour between Baltimore Pike and Providence Road, weekdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. through Nov. 17
Chester bridge work continues
CHESTER » PennDOT announces lane closures are scheduled on northbound and southbound Interstate 95 between the I-476 (Exit 7) and Route 352/Route 320 (Exit 6) interchanges from 10 p.m.-5 a.m. Monday, Sept. 18-Friday, Sept. 22, for construction activities related to a project to rehabilitate eight bridges over I-95 and CSX Railroad in the city.
Under this improvement project, PennDOT is rehabilitating the multispan, steel girder bridges on Potter Street, Madison Street, Upland Street, Melrose Avenue, Chestnut Street, Edgmont Avenue, and the Crosby Street and Walnut Street pedestrian structures. The contractor is also improving the I-95 south exit ramp at Chestnut Street.
PennDOT owns the Edgmont Avenue and Madison Street bridges, and the City of Chester owns the remaining six structures.
In addition to the bridge and ramp improvements, PennDOT’s contractor will repair Chestnut Street and Morton Avenue from 12th Street to Fourth Street. Crews will reconstruct curbs and sidewalks; mill and resurface the streets; install a new traffic signal at Chestnut Street and Morton Avenue; and upgrade the traffic signal at Morton Avenue and 7th Street. The contractor will reconstruct Morton Avenue from Seventh Street to Fourth Street to lower the road under the Amtrak overpass to increase vertical clearance.
South State, Inc. of Bridgeton, N.J. is the general contractor on the $16.6 million project which is financed with 100 percent state funds.
For information on projects occurring or being bid this year, those made possible by or accelerated by Act 89, or those on the department’s Four and Twelve Year Plans, visit www.projects.penndot.gov
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 825 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-11, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
For PennDOT information, visit www. penndot.gov. Follow local PennDOT information on Twitter at www.twitter.com/511PAPhilly, and follow the department on Facebook at www.facebook. com/pennsylvaniadepartmentoftransportation and Instagram at www.instagram.com/pennsylvaniadot
Radnor bridge work continues
RADNOR » Lane closures are scheduled on eastbound and westbound U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) between Route 320 (Spring Mill Road) and Ithan Avenue from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 18-Friday, Sept. 22, for overhead pedestrian bridge construction.
The work is part of a $3.7 million local project to construct a new pedestrian bridge over U.S. 30 (Lancaster Avenue) to connect Villanova University and the SEPTA platform. Once completed, Villanova University will own and maintain the new bridge. The entire project is expected to finish in December 2018.
Neshaminy Constructors of Lower Southampton, Bucks County, is the general contractor on the project which is financed with 100 percent state funds. Blue Route lane closure HAVERFORD >> A right lane closure is scheduled next week on southbound Interstate 476 between the Route 3 (West Chester Pike) and U.S. 1 interchanges
from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Sept. 18-Thursday, Sept. 21, for tree removal operations.