Adults & Kids FAMILYMEALS
Recipes for Mom, Two versions Dad and the kids! of each dish!
JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016 YIELD: 4-6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, CORN-FREE The perfect side dish for a weeknight meal with the family! Fresh cilantro leaves add a subtle flavor to this simple recipe.
4 cups water 2 cups long-grain white rice 2 tablespoons butter ½ teaspoon salt ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely minced
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add the rice, butter and salt, stirring occasionally until butter has melted.
2. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until rice has absorbed all the liquid, about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the fresh cilantro and serve immediately.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 115, FAT: 0.3G, SATURATED FAT: 0G, SODIUM: 850MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 20G, FIBER: 0.77G, SUGARS: 0.1G, PROTEIN: 2.34G
YIELD: 5 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES
GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE, RICE-FREE
Making corn chips at home has never been so easy! For more flavor, add some herbs and spices into the mix!
10 small gluten-free corn tortillas ¼ cup olive oil ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and salt. Using your fingers, spread a small amount of oil on both sides of a tortilla. Transfer to a plate, repeat the same process and stack the tortillas.
3. Cut the tortillas lengthwise and then crosswise. You should have 4 stacks now.
4. Arrange the tortilla pieces on a single layer in the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional salt if desired.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 185, FAT: 12G, SATURATED FAT: 1G,