Baked Ricotta & Swiss Chard Ravioli with Lemon Cream Sauce
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 45 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, NUT-FREE
2 (10.6 ounce) packages SCHAR Ricotta & Swiss Chard Ravioli 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided 1 sweet yellow onion, skin removed and very finely diced 3 cloves garlic, finely minced ¼ cup white wine 2 cups heavy cream Zest of 1 lemon ¼ cup lemon juice 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese ½ teaspoon salt ½ cup chopped parsley, divided ½ cup crumbled goat cheese ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016 1. Cook the SCHAR Ricotta & Swiss Chard Ravioli according to package instructions. Drain, place in a large mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1-quart casserole baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside.
3. In a medium-sized high-sized skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add in the diced onion and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and cook 1 minute until fragrant.
4. Add in the white wine to deglaze the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add in the heavy cream, lemon zest and lemon juice and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture comes to a slow simmer and begins to thicken. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and salt. Stir until the cheese is fully melted. Remove sauce from heat and stir in ¼ cup chopped parsley.
6. Pour the sauce over the top of the prepared ravioli and gently stir to combine.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle crumbled goat cheese, mozzarella and remaining parsley over the top. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until lightly golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 523, FAT: 45G, SATURATED FAT: 25G, SODIUM: 913MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 19G, FIBER: 2G, SUGARS: 7G, PROTEIN: 11G
4. Add in the kale and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the minced garlic, peas and salt and cook 1 additional minute until fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 cup milk until a smooth mixture forms. Place this mixture and remaining milk in a medium-sized saucepot. Heat over medium heat, whisking constantly, until a thickened sauce forms, about 6 minutes.
6. Whisk in 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese and 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese. Whisk constantly until the sauce is smooth. Mix in the nutmeg and garlic powder and then season to taste with salt.
7. To assemble the lasagna, spread a very thin layer of the sauce onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Then place one layer of noodles on top. Top with ½ of the kale and mushroom mixture and 2/3 cup of the sauce mixture.
8. Repeat layering with remaining noodles, kale and mushrooms and sauce. Sprinkle remaining grated Gruyere and Parmesan cheese on top of the lasagna. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and the sauce is bubbly.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 593, FAT: 27G, SATURATED FAT: 13G, SODIUM: 1262MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 59G, FIBER: 4G, SUGARS: 9G, PROTEIN: 30G
JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016