Broccoli, Spinach & Tomato White Pizza
YIELD: 1 (9X13-INCH) PIZZA PREP TIME: 15 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, RICE-FREE, CORN-FREE
For the Crust ¾ cup warm water 2¼ teaspoons (1 packet) rapid rise yeast 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon sugar ¾ cup sorghum flour ½ cup almond flour ¼ cup tapioca flour, plus more for rolling out 1 teaspoon sea salt 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
For the Toppings 1 cup ricotta cheese 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon sea salt 1 cup chopped broccoli florets 1 cup chopped spinach ¼ cup petite diced tomatoes 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese 1. In the bowl of a standing mixer using the paddle attachment, combine warm water, yeast, oil and sugar and let sit until yeast is puffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together the almond flour, sorghum flour, tapioca flour and salt in a large bowl.
3. Add half of flour mixture to yeast and water mixture and beat on low until well incorporated. Add remaining flour and apple cider vinegar and mix until dough is very sticky and smooth. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover with oiled plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with tapioca flour. Turn dough out onto prepared baking sheet and sprinkle tapioca flour over the top of the dough. Gently stretch and press dough into baking sheet with hands.
5. Parbake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes.
6. Spread ricotta cheese evenly across surface of dough, leaving room on the edges for a crust. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta and then sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
7. Evenly distribute the chopped broccoli florets, spinach and diced tomatoes across the surface of the pizza and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until golden and cheese is bubbly.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 400, FAT: 24G, SATURATED FAT: 11G, SODIUM: 1336MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 27G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 3G, PROTEIN: 22G JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016
YIELD: 8-10 SERVINGS (1 LOAF) PREP TIME: 20 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 80 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, SOY-FREE, RICE-FREE
1 cup sorghum flour ½ cup cornstarch ½ cup coconut flour 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon nutmeg ½ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon ground ginger ½ cup granulated sugar ½ cup brown sugar ½ cup coconut oil ¾ cup pumpkin puree 2 eggs 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1½ cups shredded zucchini
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8x4-inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together sorghum flour, cornstarch, coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, salt and ginger.
3. In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, pumpkin puree, eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until thick and smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in 3 separate additions, beating well after each addition. Fold in the shredded zucchini.
5. Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool before removing from pan and slicing.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 314, FAT: 15G, SATURATED FAT: 12G, SODIUM: 164MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 44G, FIBER: 4G, SUGARS: 21G, PROTEIN: 5G JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016