Chocolate Pudding Cake Cups
YIELD: 10 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 30 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, EGG-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE
For the Cake Layer 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour ¾ cup granulated sugar ¼ cup cocoa powder 3 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon salt ½ cup seltzer water (or gluten-free beer) ¼ cup butter, melted 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Pudding Layer ½ cup granulated sugar ½ cup brown sugar ¼ cup cocoa powder 1 cup boiling water ¼ cup seltzer water (or gluten-free beer) Vanilla ice cream, for serving 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 10 (4 ounce) ramekins with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. To make the cake layer, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the glutenfree all-purpose flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Stir in the seltzer water, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix until a smooth batter forms. Evenly distribute the batter among the 10 prepared ramekins.
4. To make the pudding layer, in a mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar and cocoa powder. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the top of the batter in each of the ramekins. Do not mix in.
5. In a separate bowl or measuring cup, mix together the boiling water and seltzer and evenly pour over the top of each cake. Do not mix.
6. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes just until the cakes are starting to set. Let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream. NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 380, FAT: 16 G, SATURATED FAT: 9G, SODIUM: 350MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 59G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 46G, PROTEIN: 4G
1. In a medium-sized saucepot over medium heat, whisk together milk and cocoa powder until smooth. Add in the chocolate chips and whisk until the chocolate is fully melted.
2. Add in the peppermint extract and salt and bring mixture to a slow boil. As soon as the hot chocolate begins to boil, remove from heat immediately and pour into serving mugs. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.