Giant Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
YIELD: 10 SERVINGS PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES TOTAL TIME: 25 MINUTES GLUTEN-FREE, SOY-FREE, NUT-FREE
1½ cups gluten-free all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon salt 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, softened ½ cup brown sugar ½ cup granulated sugar 1 egg 2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 10-inch skillet with nonstick spray and set aside.
2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together gluten-free allpurpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and creamy. Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Transfer the cookie down into the prepared skillet and press down to form a smooth and even layer of dough. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until firmly set. Cool slightly before serving. NUTRITION PER SERVING: CALORIES: 312, FAT: 15G, SATURATED FAT: 9G, SODIUM: 318MG, CARBOHYDRATES: 45G, FIBER: 3G, SUGARS: 30G, PROTEIN: 3G
JANUARY - FEBRUARY 2016